torsdag 30 januari 2014

My contribution to "Roots sewing your heritage"



Elegance & Elephants


In my country Finland,  the Winter can be very cold so that's why the children have to wear warm clothes. Quite often I use wool fabrics in my creations during the Winter. This is one of my daughter Alina's dresses I have made for her this Winter. It is a white woolmix dress. The "princess" is drawn by Alina (4 year) herself (I asked her for a black princess...but she told me that a princess can not be black...so I had to take a copy to get a black princess for the dress). Alina, the girl born after three boys loves to wear dresses and I am so happy for that because I like to sew them for her.

 

 

 

When these pictures were taken (24.01.2014) it was  -20°C outside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
And today it is -11°C
 
Alina's grandmother has knit the sweater and cap.


 
The fabric is from Eurokangas.
 

4 kommentarer:

  1. I loved reading your blog post! Finland looks like a beautiful place. Great job on your dress.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I'm happy to hear that you liked my blog post! I love Finland with our four seasons.

      Radera
  2. What a beautiful and the photos, too. It's great that it was so personalized with Alina helping with the design. I'd love to visit your country!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Wow, vad kul med Alinas egen teckning på klänningen!

    SvaraRadera